Car crushers

pflaming

I had some business with a "We buy Cars" company today. When the owner heard I have a couple '50s cars, he said that last Friday he sold a 51 Dodge Coronet Two do to be crushed. Solid car but no engine. Sad. I think that's a popular car, or am I wrong.

When my Dad retired, 1990, from his salvage business he crushed all his remaining cars.  Most were just hulls and had no real value, no classics etc., with one exception.  He had a '58 'bird, complete.  It had been on the lot for years and never sold any parts off of it.  They were just not popular around here.  I could have had it for the taking but was so tied up with my job at the time I passed.  Boy, do I regret that now.

as the man was in a buy to sell business just for scrap metal...what big deal is it for him to sell the car to be crushed...its a commodity....man is just trying to make a living....now the real truth and maybe the answer for who to really blame as it seems the intent of the thread is written......what happened for the owner to sell this car to middle man....did he have big dreams and fell on hard times, did he bite off more than he can chew, did he get T'd with this and altered his can do attitude and changed it to can't do,  maybe he lost the battle with the wife on it or him as many here seem to reply that momma got to be happy and could not get forgiveness... maybe yard Nazi's and or a complaining neighbor...list could go on.....