P18 1949 Plymouth fuel tank reproductions

Thomba48

On ebay there are around 4 to 5 sellers offering reproduction tanks for my car. Some claiming "steel", some "galvanised" as highlights. Some are pure steel colour, others black. Has anybody has made any experience with these offerings? Any difference in what they have, a difference in price there certainly is not. thanks

P.S. I am asking for a friend of mine.

6 hours ago, Thomba48 said:

On ebay there are around 4 to 5 sellers offering reproduction tanks for my car. Some claiming "steel", some "galvanised" as highlights. Some are pure steel colour, others black. Has anybody has made any experience with these offerings? Any difference in what they have, a difference in price there certainly is not. thanks

P.S. I am asking for a friend of mine.

I have two tanks from Tanks,inc in two of my cars,and both fit like they were supposed to and were well made. IIRC,I paid about 230 bucks for each one.

I do wish now I had gotten the black plastic tanks instead because they will never rust. IIRC,they were a little more expensive.

9 minutes ago, Mike c said:

The only problem with a plastic one is they crack but if you get a steel one you can put tank sealer in it and it will seal it up then you wouldn’t  have a problem with rust. 

Well,they are not really plastic. They are poly-something,just like the gas tanks put in new cars and trucks today.

It’s just preference really what ever your happier with. I would say steel with the tank seal that you can get from frost restoration. I have used in a few things and It seal it all up from the inside. But it’s down to what ever your happier with really. Both prob as good as each other just think the steel one would be better