Clutch fork return spring bracket

tom'sB2B

I can't get an exact measurement w/o raising the car, but on my P15 it appears to be 3/4 x 1/8 flat steel, about 4 " in length total, with a 90* bend at 3".  Then it mounts via two bolts into the frame, about 1" apart.  (And of course there is a hole in the 1" angle portion to take the spring.)   I don't know if Dodge & Plymouth are the same on this part.)

Sorry, I was describing the clutch pedal return spring frame mount, not the fork return spring bracket.  (What I was referring to connects to the large spring that connects to the over-center equalizer tube that pivots between ball mount brackets on the bell housing over to the frame.)

There is a picture of Don's on post # 2 of this thread.  

Edited by Eneto-55
correction
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I found mine, and have drawn it up for anyone else who needs the dimensions.  These drawings are set down to 10 thousands in order to show accuracy to 1/16".  I realize that it doesn't have to be that exact for a piece like this, but on some things it's easier to be accurate than to be approximate.  (At least to me it is.)

The Plymouth parts book I have (in PDF, downloaded from this site, titled 1936 thru 1948 and early 1949 Plymouth Condensed Master Parts List) appears to have the picture of this bracket mixed up with something there called the Clutch Housing Reinforcement, part # 859765, which is noted as requiring 2.  (One of the old manuals I've seen shows a pickup cab labeled as an ash tray....) 

I believe the correct part number for this item is 952585, labeled as Clutch Pedal and Release Fork Lever Pull Back Spring.  (A different item is shown there - not sure what it is.)

I am attaching the drawings as a PDF file, and also in two CAD formats, .DWG & .DXF.

(For mounting orientation, see the picture from Don Coatney, linked to in the previous post.)

Clutch Fork Spring Bracket - decimal.dwg

Clutch Fork Spring Bracket - decimal.dxf

Clutch Fork Spring Bracket - decimal.pdf

Edited 09-24-2018:  The part I mentioned above (Clutch Housing Reinforcement, part # 859765) as being incorrectly showing this spring bracket, has a different hole spacing, and doesn't have the notches on either side.  The hole spacing is the same as that of one side of the block to bell housing reinforcement brackets.  I don't know where these small flat steel pieces go yet, so would like to know, if someone can tell me.  (They appear to actually be spacers.  ???)

Edited by Eneto-55
correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1