Cracked Rt Rear Engine Mount Bracket

Dodgeb4ya

I was doing some maintenance on my PU and found the right rear engine mount support bracket cracked in more than one spot. The bolts were all tight too.

You might want to check yours...

They bolt to the side of the bell housing with 1/2" diameter bolts

B3D 1952 PU  Cracked Engine Mount (1).JPG

B3D 1952 PU  Cracked Engine Mount (2).JPG

IMG_5412.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good catch.... Just checked mine. 

"Robs" are a little beifer than the one ton.

Too tight? I would have guessed your motor has more torque than that mount should handle over this many years. :)

10 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

good eye.......I assume you found a replacement instead of breaking out the ole welder...

I pulled one off a parts truck in the impound lot.

I thought of welding it just to save it..and could have made it pretty like new but naw..

5 minutes ago, Brent B3B said:

Good catch.... Just checked mine. 

"Robs" are a little beifer than the one ton.

Too tight? I would have guessed your motor has more torque than that mount should handle over this many years. :)

Yeah Brent the 1-1/2 on up have the bell housing bolted solidly to the frame rails. Rob is like that as you know.    

1/2 thru 1 tons use mounts like my cracked one and of course same on your 1 tonner.

I am pretty dang strong though Ha ha,,,  and could have over done it back in around 1974 when I put the 265 in it.

2 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

save it, weld it, put it back on the parts truck....keep it form getting lost...yeah, I can't bring myself to throw much away....

I put it back on the parts truck as is for now to save time.

When I part the truck out I'll pull the rest of anything good off it and also weld up that mount/ grind/ file it smooth so no one including me will know it was repaired.?

Do they make meds for  us old Mopar guys?

I don't think I'll need any as long as I can be fixin things... even in the nursing home...............

Old car guy.jpg