New to the Forum!

Cold Blue

Hello everyone from Tennessee! I have a 1948 Plymouth Special Deluxe Club Coupe that is 80% complete, but still needs a few things. I need the chrome body emblems that are located just below the hood just in front of and below the windshield; they have 3 mounting holes. I am unsure of what they say; maybe Special Deluxe?? Anybody have a source? I am also doing a front end alignment for the first time - wish me luck!  Thanks in advance. Chuck.

Welcome, Chuck!

Sounds like a nice project!

I am certain that I have several of those emblems here. Drop me a P.M. (private message) and we can take it from there.

A few posted pictures your car would be neat to see also!

Happy Motoring!

Thanks Skrambler! I will post some pics this afternoon. I am building it a bit different. It is painted a satin blue, with flame pin-striping in a deep pink color on the hood and sides. Script hand-painted lettering behind the front wheels read "Cold Blue", tee-hee....White wall tires with chrome wheels with chrome bullet centers. The bumpers are satin grey. It has decorative spot lights at the windshield corners, with vintage clip-on mirrors. It has a windshield sun visor. The seats are upholstered in leopard patterned fabric! I have lowered it about 3 inches. Still running the flathead six, but I have a Offenhauser intake with two one-barrel B&B carbs. I have replaced the driveshaft and rear chunk with a late model Chevy with u-joints instead of the old ball and trunion set-up. I think it looks super cool...Being new to the site I cannot figure out how to send a P.M. - can you help? Chuck.

13 minutes ago, Cold Blue said:

Thanks Flatie46! I am actually in middle Tennessee, in Murfreesboro, near Nashville.

I lived in Murfreesboro until about 4 years ago. If you have not yet done so join the Murfreesboro Hot Rod Club. They hold a cruise in every Friday evening all summer long.

mycar.jpg

Welcome to the Forum!  I would like to see pics of your car when you are able to post them.  I reside in Kansas at times, and in California at times...  But I travel a lot.  Maybe someday we will bump into one another.  ?

Welcome to the forum!

You haven't been here long enough to know the rules but one of them is that any parts requests need to be in the classified ads area. The website owner is pretty strict about this point. I'm leaving your first post in this thread intact but you will want to create a want ad for the parts you desire.