Gauge Water Temperature

wisconsinjimmy

yes.....there is an article explaining it step for step....I searched and found the article link but had problems opening it...here is a search link for you...

http://p15-d24.com/search/?q=temperature gauge repair&search_and_or=and

seems none of the hyper links are working from the archived articles....

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Also a suggestion is to always use a brake line spanner which is a ring spanner with a slot cut in it that puts even pressure on the nut, also when installing the sender unit clean the threads on the nut and wipe a small amount of anti seize compound on the threads, it helps whenever you have to undo these things.........................andyd

• Like 2

Thanks Don, yep thats the things, tho' the set I have goes up to 5/8 or 11/16th and are a double ended spanner just like a normal ring spanner but much thicker, like yours pictured.......andyd 

Also, at least on my car, there is a core plug above where the bulb fits in the head. You can remove that and then get some pressure behind the bulb to help extract it without having to pull on the capillary tube.

Glad the instructions on my web site will be of use to you.

• Like 1

This car has sat out in my Daddy's field since I can remember and now that he is gone we can start to clean the place up and in trying my best to unscrew the fitting the tube twisted and that was that so I am going to recycle  what I can and the rest goes to the crusher. What is sad is that the doors were perfect and the same for the hood and fenders the goats kept the weeds trimmed but the frame split in two when I pulled on it with the tractor.

Thank you

I picked up one of these to use as a donor.  It was right on 212 degrees with the stovetop check and was really reasonable as far as price goes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Make-Waves-Mechanical-Water-Temperature-Gauge-3401b-1-5-8-Diameter/153145866031?hash=item23a834772f:g:xsAAAOSwSYpZ2USN:sc:USPSFirstClass!85379!US!-1

Planning to follow Tod's instructions.  Just haven't gotten a round-tuit.

Edited by thebeebe5

Just like letting the smoke out of electrical parts- replacement required.

But in this case some inventive person found a way to put the ether back in-- it's supposed to be a p-15-d24 secret only to shared with forum members, but the forum owner allows these secrets out by letting web searches to be seen by using the secret words- mechanical temperature gauge repairs, this info will most likely come up there by doing this , unfortunately sharing the p-15-d24 secrets.

Maybe the site owner should change this- a forum vote needed???  ?

DJ

Most folks when given the opportunity to increase there knowledge base and learn that they were incorrect in there assumptions show a bit of gratitude. Then others when presented with new facts suffer possible traumatic ramifications and tend to disbelieve the new facts as it may effect there ego status and effect there perceived superior knowledge. 

I think what may have been meant is that when the temperature gauge line is cut or broken then at that point in time you are done and it cannot be refilled in a relatively simple manner..............however as Don & Todd have indicated the gauge line can be repaired albeit with a little bit of skill and diligence and all is good again.................anyway guys maybe just lighten up a little towards each other................please........we all are mopar mavericks and thats the important thing...............regards, Andy Douglas  

• Thanks 2