Defrost Vents

I’m new to the forum and have a new project I’m working on.  It’s ‘46 WC that has been upgraded with 340 and 727.  I’m trying to find the defrost vents that mount under the dash just below the wind shield.  Anyone have a lead on where to find replacements?

Thanks in advance!

I have a '47 WC and I haven't seen any listings for the defrost vents.  I am relatively new to the WC scene but I've looked in a lot of places, no luck in finding them(I might replace mine as well).  Post pix of your rig!  Did you swap a new front end in or modify the original frame?  

there are vents. Look behind the two slots in the dash. If you don't have vents in there you'll see a little tab on each side where the vents screw to. 

My  truck is a 1950 B2B. I had trouble finding the vents as well. What I did was simple. I used the a narrow vacuum nozzle with the narrow side cut at an angle. They were long enough that I could get two screws into the plastic. For the duct I used the 1-1/2  plastic vacuum hose to run to the heater.  Air tight seals were made using the aluminum duct sealing tape on each end of the hose. I kept my eyes open on ebay and the forums for over a year and never saw what I needed so I figured as long as it functioned and got warm air to the slits below the windshield, that was all that mattered. It seems to do the job.

15 hours ago, Al Peterson said:

I have a '47 WC and I haven't seen any listings for the defrost vents.  I am relatively new to the WC scene but I've looked in a lot of places, no luck in finding them(I might replace mine as well).  Post pix of your rig!  Did you swap a new front end in or modify the original frame?  

This is my first WC as well.  I did put a new front end on it.  It’s a rack and pinion (Mustang II) kit from Speedway.   It helped correct some steering issues and gave me discs on the front.  It has a new front cross member that ties it all together.  No mods to the frame required.  Standard length spindles dropped the front end about 4” so the rear leaf springs were mounted below the axel (Ford 9”).  Was not looking for that low of a stance, but it’s growing on me.  

8C28AD1B-859C-4D41-ACA0-FF741EEA155C.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnsartain said:

My  truck is a 1950 B2B. I had trouble finding the vents as well. What I did was simple. I used the a narrow vacuum nozzle with the narrow side cut at an angle. They were long enough that I could get two screws into the plastic. For the duct I used the 1-1/2  plastic vacuum hose to run to the heater.  Air tight seals were made using the aluminum duct sealing tape on each end of the hose. I kept my eyes open on ebay and the forums for over a year and never saw what I needed so I figured as long as it functioned and got warm air to the slits below the windshield, that was all that mattered. It seems to do the job.

That’s good info, I may have to go that route.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:44 PM, Hueyjockey said:

This is my first WC as well.  I did put a new front end on it.  It’s a rack and pinion (Mustang II) kit from Speedway.   It helped correct some steering issues and gave me discs on the front.  It has a new front cross member that ties it all together.  No mods to the frame required.  Standard length spindles dropped the front end about 4” so the rear leaf springs were mounted below the axel (Ford 9”).  Was not looking for that low of a stance, but it’s growing on me.  

8C28AD1B-859C-4D41-ACA0-FF741EEA155C.jpeg

Very nice!  I'll have to remember that as I might want to upgrade to disc brakes.  Thank you for sharing!