I’m an idiot

JSabah

I was taking my engine to be gone thru and didn’t have it blocked/strapped properly and when another idiot cut me off I hit the brakes and the engine rolled. Now I need to replace either the base of the carburetor or the whole carb. (Carter /Ball and Ball D6H2). Any ideas other than eBay of what to do?

FEC03AAC-FF9D-443F-8B0D-662C8A5D2427.jpeg

A very common carburetor...try Neil Riddle in Seattle 206-285-6534.... he might have a good one or a re- build able  core.

• Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:48 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

redneck cooking........................cooking grease and lots of salt

redneck mechanical repairs.....JB Weld and lots of Duct tape

redneck paint job.......................primer gray and whatever is left of the original finish

red primer is better for that vintage look

Thanks for the help here gents. After 2+ years of woodwork, I am on the the next step of what I know equally little of .... paint/floor replacement (by other professionals) and then putting it all back together. This is where I’m at after replacing about 1/2 the cars wood. 

EEB6AD19-A6F3-44D8-BFF8-26140B14BBF2.jpeg

D0758317-6F9D-4ED4-B061-7685D078BEF2.jpeg

• Like 7

On 8/24/2018 at 7:42 AM, B1B Keven said:

I've got an extra parts carb you can have.

PM me if interested.

I got one for spare parts rolling around also if you need it.

Jensen’s or tiger’s. I have 3 Jensen’s. A convertible (‘75interceptor). A coupe’ (‘76 with the panther roof -1 of 48) and a CV8 -one of 10 LHD & 1 of 2 mk3’s....which is not drivable and will be my next project after the woodie.... if this hobby (disease) doesn’t do me in 1st ?.... what’s in your garage?