I am at a cross road

laynrubber

1 hour ago, Greg51T&CWagon said:

My R-10 in my Chevy has a reverse lockout if it is engaged. I assume yours is the same. No reverse while engaged.

That is why you need to read the manual...

• 1 year later...

I am going to revisit this thread with an update....

The fuse blowing was a solenoid issue, fixed by converting to 12 volts. Changed out the solenoid. As for towing with the overdrive here in Saskatchewan it was no problem. Maybe a couple hills I clicked the column mounted switch to turn off the OD and dropped in 3rd regular. On the flats....cruised along with traffic no problem. 
Still don’t like the ball and socket drive shaft....I think I have a vibration still from when I changed out my brand new ripped boot. Reassembling it I think I was like .006” off for being centred if I recall.

Still no reverse either, we drove it 2400 miles last summer with no reverse but it need to find out why there is no reverse. There will be a new post on looking for help.