To install new window sweeps - 1950 Ply 4dr

Fred & Camille

the sweeps attached to the door window trim I can figure that out but to the opposite side on the door is a tight fit to use screws, and the new sweeps have no holes for clips and would have to be inset somehow without ruining the new sweeps. How did you install sweeps on the doors? Thanks fred

They were mostly rotted but they are old fabric/rubber -  metal infused (?) with tiny metal clips once embedded and hidden in the sweeps. I could line up the original metal strip, thats whats left of old sweeps and drill holes into new sweeps exact but with one inch or more to play with to secure them between the inner and outer door. I removed door glass of course but to tight to get in there to secure sweeps with whatever. thanks for any idea....fred ps, the sweep on the inner window trim was stapled

Edited by samiam0821
more to say on subject

2 hours ago, rallyace said:

I like the hints, the one I most want to get answered is how do you get permission to rebuild a door on the dining room table?

You just need a certificate! usually starts at the top with "Divorce".

38 minutes ago, Kevinb71 said:

You just need a certificate! usually starts at the top with "Divorce".

Yeah, I don't know how he got away with that unless his wife wasn't home or he isn't married. That's a pretty nice home, I don;t think my wife would allow that although I have pushed it a few times over the last 3 decades.