I'm done, too.

DrDoctor

Dr, being done doesn't have to mean "good bye" .  Unless it's issues oriented. I was banned for 30 days for a political joke, had issues with some members, I'm sure been laughed at, probably avoided, and even cyber bullied, so what?  The benefits and friendships by far outweigh the missteps. In short, my wrenching days will end with the completion of the Suburban but not my association with this forum. 

Paul Flaming

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad he was not my doctor if he gives up that easy. Sorry to say it but true.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Doc.......why?...........I hope it isn't for good as I have enjoyed your posts & commraderie...........regards, Andy Douglas 

19 hours ago, pflaming said:

Dr, being done doesn't have to mean "good bye" .  Unless it's issues oriented. I was banned for 30 days for a political joke, had issues with some members, I'm sure been laughed at, probably avoided, and even cyber bullied, so what?  The benefits and friendships by far outweigh the missteps. In short, my wrenching days will end with the completion of the Suburban but not my association with this forum. 

Paul Flaming

glad I could be there for you......?  often it is a fast and exciting ride here, you got to be able to laugh at yourself along with the others...some are  here to learn, some to help  others, some for the entertainment...but if you bundle the three...you can never lose...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 2

On a related topic.

Someone once said to me,  about quitting work mad, and leaving. Thinking you'll leave a hole that they won't be able to fill.  They said

"This place is like a 5 gallon bucket of water with your fist and forearm in it. Pull out your fist and see what happens."

The hole is gone. The void is filled. The bucket carries on as normal.

I don't know what happened here or why Doc is done. We'll continue to do our best to contribute and keep this great support group alive.

• Like 2

I have to ponder the meaning of posting an official/unofficial 'notice' if/when leaving. 

If someone is 'done' then why not just reboot the 'ol computer machine and erase the browsing history so the website doesn't show?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wayfarer said:

I have to ponder the meaning of posting an official/unofficial 'notice' if/when leaving. 

If someone is 'done' then why not just reboot the 'ol computer machine and erase the browsing history so the website doesn't show?

Because 13 year old girls love drama, where as a real man will just say to hell with these guys and go about his business........

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dartgame said:

Normally folks say why they are done or leaving. 

And cowards run away while staying silent.

• Like 1