'52 Plymouth Suburban swaybar

Ned Carz

I've been told that installing a 1" swaybar to replace the 5/8 makes the '52 handle much better.  Mentioned this to a fellow Suburban owner - he said he'd heard that a swaybar from a Jeep Cherokee of the late '90's fits nicely as an alternative to having one made.  Does any of this ring true to others?  Or is my memory of the conversation just plain wacky.  Thanks.

This question was discussed a while back and the Cherokee sway bar was considered an improvement. I got one foe my '53 Suburban but have not installed it yet. I think it needs different frame connections on the ends of the bar. Timely question for me. 

I will be installing the Cherokee sway bar too. I initially installed a 1970 or so B-Body (road runner) sway bar. It worked, but when I lowered the front end it started rubbing the tires,so off it went. There is a write up on the site about this. Search for Cherokee sway bar or front sway bar. 

The sway bar from any P23 will make a difference for sure.   It was an option on P22.  49 to 52 are all alike.

Thanks dpollo, the P23 option sounds good.  Anyone know how much bigger diameter it is than the standard 22?    I guess finding one is the trick. I'm not having any luck so far.  Anyone know a source?