251 engine bearing part #?

Hello! I’m having an issue finding the proper main and rod bearings for my 251. I don’t know the year of the engine, which doesn’t help any, engine number is T 193, on the t137 page it just says 251, but not a year. The search and google didn’t help, there are numbers on the old bearings, but the local NAPA couldn’t cross them.

Do all 251’s use the same bearings over all years?

does anyone have the right part #’s for both main and rod bearings?

Thanks!

I think a T193 is a Fargo according to my Federal Mogul book... no other info I can come up with.

Here's the T-193 Federal Mogul book showing the old mid sixties  rod and bearing #'s

Also shown is a set on Ebay..https://www.ebay.com/itm/Federal-Mogul-Main-Bearings-Set-485-M-30-1949-Desoto-1958-Fargo-/232698702356

IMG_4761.JPG

IMG_4762.JPG

IMG_4763.JPG

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

1 hour ago, furiousgeorge said:

Vintage power wagon only had a truck id, I couldn’t find an engine id section?

The number stamped into the block is T193, like I said, it decodes as a 251 on t137.com, but it’s one of the very few engines on their list with no year.

Should have a casting number towards the rear on the distributor side. In the downloads section is a list of block/casting numbers. 

• Like 1

A T192 and a T194 are both 1950 H series 2 ton US Dodge trucks. But are the smaller 236 engine.

Your T193 would be a 1950 engine if US made ... Canadian... might be anything.

A 1948-52 long block should use all the same bearings

One note...

They did supply a H-Duty main set for engines with the Fluid drive coupling... same dimensions though.

Here is info out of my old 60's Michigan bearing parts book...

Michigan Bearing Book (1).JPG

Michigan Bearing Book (2).JPG

36 minutes ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

A T192 and a T194 are both 1950 H series 2 ton US Dodge trucks. But are the smaller 236 engine.

Your T193 would be a 1950 engine if US made ... Canadian... might be anything.

A 1948-52 long block should use all the same bearings

It is a Canadian engine, comes up from a Dodge DE-5 and DF-5 designations, Fargo FM-5 and FN-5. I don’t believe this had a fluid drive. 

I figured it didn't have FD. Those bearings are a different heavier load type bearing and of course could be used.

5 hours ago, P15-D24 said:

Should have a casting number towards the rear on the distributor side. In the downloads section is a list of block/casting numbers. 

I checked the download section and could not find the block/casting number identifier.  Where again ?

6 hours ago, Reg Evans said:

I checked the download section and could not find the block/casting number identifier.  Where again ?

Must be a brain fart. I'll see if I can find it and upload it. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, the crank got turned down .020. Though they're pretty convinced its from a 218 industrial based on the part numbers stamped on the bearings that were in it. Is there a way to id the crank? He wrote the casting number down for me on the receipt (955194), I'll measure the rod length in the morning. This engine has been rebuilt at least once in its life, so not a stretch to think that the crank/rods got switched out. The block has been bored .060 already, and could use it again, what is the maximum it can be taken? I've read that the small bore blocks can be bored out to the larger 3 7/16 bore, so I may end up doing that with the original 228 (it had spun a rod bearing, leading me to buying the 251), and using the 251 crank and rods (if that's what they actually are) and get a 251 with the original block.