Early 1955 truck wiper motor

motors can be rebuilt...any starter/alternator/geni rebuild place can rewind a motor.  

Check the switch and check your gears first.

There ARE places that sell old wiper set ups for the B series trucks, I'd bet for C as well.

This set up looks almost identical to the B series unit. You probably need to take it apart carefully and clean out all the old dried out grease. I used Mobil 1 synthetic wheel bearing grease in mine and it has worked great in daily service for about 3 years. The switch can be taken apart and the contacts should be cleaned as well. Almost any motor can be repaired....but it isn't necessary most of the time. I picked up a complete spare on Ebay for mine and cleaned and rebuilt as well. When apart they are a little fiddly during reassembly so take pictures as you go.

Lots of people are kind of blown away when they find out that I drive my truck daily. I am not.....these trucks were made pretty darn well and with some careful work most everything on them can still be put back into regular service. Try that with the new stuff!

Mine sat as a derelict for 25 to 30 years....but it does just fine now.

Jeff

Jeff what's the purpose of the little block before the switch. 

Thanks guys for vote to try and rebuild I'm gonna try that first now. I did pop the sides off and the grease looked little old and semi hard. Electricity isn't my thing, but trying to work with my boy sounds like a great father son project to tackle.