Posting some pix of the '51 pickup I recently got.

Dodgeed

3 hours ago, Bobacuda said:

Dodgeed -

My truck's original tail light (just one) got ripped off and the bracket bent to hell in a pasture around 1978.

LOL, please elaborate! I envision a intoxicated babycuda driving through the pastures at night on a cow tippin rampage :lol:  

Brent -

Nothing so exotic.  A friend and I had it loaded with live oak firewood, stacked about 2 ft higher than the bed, going up a rough pasture road, up a steep hill, next to a bluff, and I killed the engine :eek:.  Truck started rolling backwards (gravity works!), the brakes locked the wheels and it was skidding, heading for the bluff.  Fluid drive, so the engine did not help slow down anything.  As a last resort, I picked a small, but sufficiently sized oak and did my best to only hit my junkyard salvage rear bumper on it ( it was as wide as my fenders). 

It worked.  Destroyed the tail light, destroyed the junkyard bumper's mounting brackets, caused me to have to modify the bumper (trimmed it down with a torch), and stopped my truck from getting a lot of custom body work going off the bluff.  Had to take 1/3 of the wood off the truck to get up the hill, where my friend and I took a much need "rest stop."  Quite a ride.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...