Thinking About Selling Most of My Parts

Daniel L

Back in January, I bought a large lot of '35 PJ parts from a hot rodded car. The owner had tried for months to sell the entire lot on CL with little interest and no takers. I advertised them here (some interest) as well as my local CL, but again, no sale. I finally posted everything to a Hemmings internet parts ad. They featured my ad one Saturday on their Hemmings Daily email and my parts sold that week. Don't overlook Hemmings - their on line ads not expensive. Parts lots can be hard to sell unless they are are really cheap (I love cheap parts lots). Do list them here on p15-d24 and see what happens. Are you willing to sell individual items? Yeah, it's a lot more work that way.

1 hour ago, Daniel L said:

I was thinking about selling a lot of parts from a 47' Plymouth I picked up a few weeks ago. I was seeing if anyone had any recommendations on the best way to go about it?

members in good standing can open a classified ad by following the link at the top of the page...be sure to list you location and price per item in your ad so folks can determine if shipping is feasible

With the new paid classified ads you can add up to 5 images per ad. This way you can group a batch of items together and show them in on image. Also, you could list a parts description on what is in the images. Plymouth Adams tips are also spot on. 

5 hours ago, rekbender said:

Back in January, I bought a large lot of '35 PJ parts from a hot rodded car. The owner had tried for months to sell the entire lot on CL with little interest and no takers. I advertised them here (some interest) as well as my local CL, but again, no sale. I finally posted everything to a Hemmings internet parts ad. They featured my ad one Saturday on their Hemmings Daily email and my parts sold that week. Don't overlook Hemmings - their on line ads not expensive. Parts lots can be hard to sell unless they are are really cheap (I love cheap parts lots). Do list them here on p15-d24 and see what happens. Are you willing to sell individual items? Yeah, it's a lot more work that way.

I am willing to sell individual items but I will be selling things that are way too big to ship. Such as a cab and fenders.

5 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

members in good standing can open a classified ad by following the link at the top of the page...be sure to list you location and price per item in your ad so folks can determine if shipping is feasible

Okay thanks! 

Just now, Young Ed said:

or you could just send them to me

For a price! Lol

9 hours ago, Daniel L said:

I am willing to sell individual items but I will be selling things that are way too big to ship. Such as a cab and fenders.

cab?

Like you, I thought I could get some cash back, not that easy. I have a very rare 53/54 Suburban fuel tank, no takers yet. So I'm cleaning unique parts and storing them. Every once in a while some one needs one and I sell it, Money not the motive, helping someone and acrelunctance to toss things is my motive. I grew up having to make my toys if I wanted some, made me appreciate things. 

4 hours ago, pflaming said:

Like you, I thought I could get some cash back, not that easy. I have a very rare 53/54 Suburban fuel tank, no takers yet. So I'm cleaning unique parts and storing them. Every once in a while some one needs one and I sell it, Money not the motive, helping someone and acrelunctance to toss things is my motive. I grew up having to make my toys if I wanted some, made me appreciate things. 

Okay, thank you for the advice!