37 Plymouth Sedan Resto- New Member

cturboaddict

Forgot about the Newer stuff. Never worked on same only read back in the past about same.

Just wondered!  ?

DJ

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I'm just curious where you are with your 37 Plymouth.  I also have a 37 Plymouth P4, 4 dr sedan.  I have had it since 1987 and am still working on it.  I did keep the straight axle.  I put a Buick V6 231 and TH350 trans with an 8 3/4 rear end.  Just a cruiser, plenty of power for me.  I added disc brakes on the front using Mercury Villager rotors and the original hubs with drums removed.  My brother and I designed a mount for Wilwood 4 piston calipers.  Works great.  I used the front and rear seats (6 way power, leather) from a 2005 CTS.

If you haven't done anything on steering yet, I would suggest electric power steering.  A 2010 Toyota Corolla column with the controller worked very well and easy to fab up.  I used the entire column and added a set of relays in a box for all turn signal and other switches.  It wouldn't be that difficult to graft onto another column.  The 2010 Toyota steering has a default mode with no ECM required, just the steering controller.  There is a lot of info on the web about it.  I also rebuilt the original steering box and will be getting new king pins soon.

I've had a lot of fun with it over the years.  Still not finished, may never be, but it's fun to drive.

IMG_1046.JPG

Edited by kballein
Pictures of my 1950 DeSoto and 1937 Plymouth
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kballein said:

Hi,

I'm just curious where you are with your 37 Plymouth.  I also have a 37 Plymouth P4, 4 dr sedan.  I have had it since 1987 and am still working on it.  I did keep the straight axle.  I put a Buick V6 231 and TH350 trans with an 8 3/4 rear end.  Just a cruiser, plenty of power for me.  I added disc brakes on the front using Mercury Villager rotors and the original hubs with drums removed.  My brother and I designed a mount for Wilwood 4 piston calipers.  Works great.  I used the front and rear seats (6 way power, leather) from a 2005 CTS.

If you haven't done anything on steering yet, I would suggest electric power steering.  A 2010 Toyota Corolla column with the controller worked very well and easy to fab up.  I used the entire column and added a set of relays in a box for all turn signal and other switches.  It wouldn't be that difficult to graft onto another column.  The 2010 Toyota steering has a default mode with no ECM required, just the steering controller.  There is a lot of info on the web about it.  I also rebuilt the original steering box and will be getting new king pins soon.

I've had a lot of fun with it over the years.  Still not finished, may never be, but it's fun to drive.

IMG_1046.JPG

I haven't updated photos in a bit. But currently. I have a Fatman Fabrications Front end installed (mustang ii type) with power steering rack. Ford Explorer rear end swap with new leaf springs. A 1999 5.3liter LS motor and 4l60e motor has been installed. Had to push the firewall back to get it all to fit. Aftermarket Summit steering column ties into the power steering rack. It'll have AC and powersteering, but the rest should be the same. Neaering pulling the body off  of the frame to get the frame blasted/coated. LOVE YOUR 4 DOOR!!!!!!!!!