Heater Model 75

tanda62

So along with having to replace my radiator, my heater core is shot as well.  Both leak extensively and while a replacement radiator can be had finding a heater core has proven to been more difficult.  My heater is a Model 75 Truck Master and the core measures 7 3/4 by 7 by 2 1/2 inches.  With tanks it measures 8 1/2 by 7 3/4 by 2 1/2 inches  My local radiator place can replace the core and weld the tanks back on but the cost would be very steep.  Anyone have a idea of a replacement core source or maybe another core/heater that can fit in the original housing?

Thanks for any help.

1557835249_Heaterfront.gif.d46cf82e7909c7c65a3c68ab93453dd0.gif206521292_Heaterback.gif.2e3b1e3af68ecdca30eed9fa9be5f6f4.gif497437573_Heaterapart.gif.be511cbd67ee3eea3c59d1875cde19f8.gif

I've never seen a core repop, but the core should be the same for all the TruckMaster models,  so just look for a trashed housing one with a good core.  

What's wrong with the core (where does it leak)?  Have you looked into repairs?

I  have an NOS heater core that I bought I for a Model 65 heater years ago and never used. The same measurements as yours. Honestly though, it doesn't look any better than yours. $75.00 and shipping. PM if your interested and I will pressure test it. 

DSC08916.jpg

It pretty much leaks everywhere - this truck was sitting for about 15 years in the Florida Atlantic coast weather outside - not a healthy environment.  I did look into repairs and they are cost prohibitive.

• 2 years later...

ggdad1951

You said in an earlier post that you restored some truckmaster heaters. I took my Model 75 heater apart this afternoon to rewire it and haven't figured out how to remove the motor to get access to the wiring. HELP! Any tips on heater restoration would be a great help. Thanks

10 hours ago, 57 D300 said:

ggdad1951

You said in an earlier post that you restored some truckmaster heaters. I took my Model 75 heater apart this afternoon to rewire it and haven't figured out how to remove the motor to get access to the wiring. HELP! Any tips on heater restoration would be a great help. Thanks

Where are you hung up?  If memory serves it was a pretty straight forward tear down.  Here is a link to a thread with some pictures from the rebuild (just gotta scroll down a little bit). Should be some screws that hold it to the main box frame.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ggdad1951 Thanks for the reply and help!

I finally figured out how to get at the motor fasteners and completed disassembly. The face behind the medallion panel had pristine paint, so I had the color matched in PPG. The painted pieces are going for plastic media blasting in the next few days (70 miles to the blaster).

There are 4 wires coming from the motor. Only the yellow and black wires were connected. The red and green wires were cut off and not connected. I touched the yellow wire to the plus side of a battery and the black wire to the negative side and the motor ran. How is the motor supposed to be wired???

15 hours ago, 57 D300 said:

ggdad1951 Thanks for the reply and help!

I finally figured out how to get at the motor fasteners and completed disassembly. The face behind the medallion panel had pristine paint, so I had the color matched in PPG. The painted pieces are going for plastic media blasting in the next few days (70 miles to the blaster).

There are 4 wires coming from the motor. Only the yellow and black wires were connected. The red and green wires were cut off and not connected. I touched the yellow wire to the plus side of a battery and the black wire to the negative side and the motor ran. How is the motor supposed to be wired???

post a pic?  The ones I've worked on only had 2 wires.

3 hours ago, 57 D300 said:

My fan motor died yesterday. Any idea where I can get a replacement?

Look for a local Gen/Starter/Alt repair shop. They can rebuild the motor, I did that, got new wires and a fresh winding!

Yes, I used a 12 volt battery, but my truck is 12 volt.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Model 75 Truckmaster heater? Has anyone found a source for heater cores???

I'm taking the motor to a local shop that may be able to rebuild it tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.