1952 Dodge Coupe hot rod

Gregarious13

33 minutes ago, Merle Coggins said:

YIKES!!  We bought our home a few years ago for $109,000. 1310 sq. ft., 1.5 story, 3BR, 1.5 BA, on 6900 sq. ft. lot. Your property prices out there are crazy compared to what I'm used to around here. Looks like we'd have to add another '0' to the price out there.

That would easily reach $1,000,000. Even close to $2,000,000 in the right neighborhood. It's absolutely absurd! I was born and raised here in San Jose and was not about to get pushed out by all the tech workers moving in, just wasn't going to let it happen, so I saved as much as I could for a long time. I also know the realtor and loan officer I worked with. Didn't get charged a thing for their services, which was a HUGE help.

• Like 1

...I hope that my post didn't come across as bragging,  these days its just hard to imagine such a small piece of dirt. 

Being in the city certainly has some advantages when employed or with a family and I faintly remember life

in a sub-division.  

Congrats on the home purchase!

Like many on here - I know the home prices out there for that area are way higher than around where I call home. I still find it amazing/scary when I hear some of the prices. You could buy my home property twice over for what you paid and still have money left over..... and it includes a metal shop building the size of your lot. The disparity just blows my mind.

I also really love the idea of the Jeep drivetrain swap. I have been talking to a friend about something similar with a car that he owns. He loves jeeps and has tons of parts.... and the car currently has a sad, poor running Chevy 305.

I thought the price of my home was way too high when I bought it 32 years ago. Nothing compared to today’s inflated prices. Now I’m getting the benefit of California’s property tax law: 1.1% of purchase price, increasing 1.1% per year. Easily affordable. Hopefully the law won’t change back to current accessed value and cause trouble for fixed income retirees. 

• 9 months later...
On 8/15/2018 at 8:02 AM, Gregarious13 said:

Yep! It's definitely tall enough. Not quite eady to spend the money just yet. Still have a bit of wiring work to do to get the shop fully functional. If I get a lift in there I would like a four post. And if I get a lift there's no room for the rotisserie I might build. 

I built my rotisserie to bolt to my four post lift. Works great. 

A little PDR and that fender will bump right out! :rolleyes:

That's the downside of driving our hobby cars as our everyday cars, some clown runs a stop sign and we have to put the pieces back together because we can't get good insurance coverage for the cars we drive, only those we don't.  At least it looks like you can get some reproduction parts for the Ranchero, that looks like a new core support.

Glad to see the Ranchero is not down for the count.

No reproduction sheet metal for the '63 Ranchero. That's half a used core support and half the original. I grafted them in the middle. Used fender apron too. That grill is a one year only grill. It was hard to find. 

I need a little Honda or something...?