Indian Plodge

Frank Elder

in many nations outside the US there is little to no EPA and OSHA impacting the worksite.....thus...the process of chrome plating can usually be done fast and cheap....the cradle to grave of hazmat is killing many shops in the US but sad to day many blew off any and off safety from day one and are paying the price today...that operation cost is not a trickle down..it is a torrential downpour on the customer...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:38 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

in many nations outside the US there is little to no EPA and OSHA impacting the worksite.....thus...the process of chrome plating can usually be done fast and cheap....the cradle to grave of hazmat is killing many shops in the US but sad to day many blew off any and off safety from day one and are paying the price today...that operation cost is not a trickle down..it is a torrential downpour on the customer...

Yep, I agree.  I see repro parts with substandard plating. I've seen stuff people have paid good money to have done be disappointing.  I don't think you can buy the quality plating of the 60's back anymore. 

Nice restoration work!

But I wonder where/if they actually drive it. . .

I was in the Delhi metro area and in Agra earlier this month and that sure isn't a place I'd want to drive. Near as I can tell lane striping, when it exists, is for purely decorative purposes. One way indications, including on dual carriageway roads, seems to be advisory only. And use of horns provides the information about vehicles around you since obviously mirrors, etc. are not to be trusted. And, of course, the cows have precedence. Fortunately the cattle are usually either slow or stationary so you don't need to worry about them running into you and they seem much more mellow and undisturbed by noise and traffic than I'd expect of any cattle in the US.

On 8/22/2018 at 7:38 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

Yup, over the years we had no less than 4 chrome shops to chose from in Tucson. Some of them stopped by the bodyshop that I worked in each morning back in the 80's and early 90's to pick up bumpers to be straightened and rechromed. Now there is only one that I know of. I know a very little of it might have to do with the lack of chrome bumpers on todays vehicles and the chrome bumpers on those that have them is throw away after even a minor collision but as Plymouthy said the chrome industry has just about been regulated out of existence here in the US. If you want chrome work done now , its big $$$$$ !

Edited by John Rogers