OT 65 valiant

Young Ed

Found this ad locally here. "

1965 plymouth Valiant Signet convertable - $1000

Needs to be put together,,Has Professionally rebuilt original engine,(Spent $1300.00 on it)273-V-8,Needs heads still on engine stand.. Professionally Remanufactured trans...still on stand..Factory posi traction.Lots of parts..Need garage space

Waiting for a responce from the seller on body condition. Based on price and the fact its not mentioned I'm assuming its quite rusty. We'll see though. I was hoping to find a 64 with pushbutton auto but this might be close enough.

Guest Nile Limbaugh

I don't know if you've had any experience with the 273 engine, but it isn't one of Chrysler's better efforts. If given a choice I would rather have a 318 or even a 225 slant six. The 273 I had in a 66 Belvedere started to blow oil at 70,000 miles. And it was a one-owner well cared for car when I got it in70.

Not too concerned about that stuff. Engine is rebuilt and with limited useage it will be a long time before I have any problems. My understanding of the 273 was that it was the predecessor of the 318. We all know those things are tanks.

Neat stuff Tim. I'm not too worried about it being extra fast. Even the base HP should make that little valiant move! Dads 63 valiant with the 225 and a 3spd gets going well so a v8 can only be better.

Of course none of this matters if its a rusted POS or sold already!