Starter key for a '51 pickup

Dodgeed

Well, its been over 3 months since I bought my '51 Dodge pickup, and yesterday, I finally was able to go get it and drive it home. (There are many reasons why there was a 3 month delay, but we'll cover that another time). My question today is, the previous owner had only one key for the starter, and another key, which looks like a house key, actually, but, isn't. Anyway, trying to get another set of keys made, Advance Auto doesn't do it, and they suggested Ace Hardware. Ace copied the 'house' type key, but couldn't do that little starter key. Any suggestions where I might get that little key copied? And, what is the 'house' looking key for? Many thanks. 

Hardware stores and home centers won’t have the correct key blank.  You might get lucky if you find an old hardware store or a locksmith who has been in business a while.  The key blanks are available on eBay, but somewhat pricey.  Once you get the correct blank your local hardware store should be able copy your key.