51 engine number

Mopar 51

I have searched all the website and books y’all have talked about and others that I have found but to no avail.  Has anyone ever seen a engine number that starts with a KA. ? I can post pictures if needed. Thanks for the help

The font of the engine number would be a giveaway if the original number was ground off and a rebuilder stamped their own serial number in its place...also, the flathead valve covers did not have numbers on them, as far as I know...there should be a block casting date directly below the distributor bore, as well as a head casting date on the top of the head :cool:

The number I found on the block is on the raised part left side of the block just below the valve cover. On the top of the valve cover it where I found the raised number it also had a symbol that is a diamond with NH in the middle of it. 

When I get home I will look and see if there is a number by the distributor 

That is possible. The “cover” that the plugs come through/ are in. Is what I am calling the valve cover. On one of the sites it has pictures of where to find the stamped number on the block. Mine is the same location as a 236 or the 251?  The only part on the truck that I know is correct is the metal tag on the firewall and the rear end. 

On 8/10/2018 at 3:12 PM, Mopar 51 said:

That is possible. The “cover” that the plugs come through/ are in. Is what I am calling the valve cover. On one of the sites it has pictures of where to find the stamped number on the block. Mine is the same location as a 236 or the 251?  The only part on the truck that I know is correct is the metal tag on the firewall and the rear end. 

that is the head, valve covers do something completely different.

• 11 months later...