New truck arrive yesterday

Neishee

Hi Guys,

took ok delivery of my new truck yesterday. What I have gleamed so far is the engine is a 230ci from a 55 Plymouth. Anyone in the UK have an idea of where to get parts from? I am thinking I need to rewire the truck and convert to a 12v.

EF933CE5-4876-4EE8-AD85-9763089855F6.jpeg

C2AAEA24-E543-4391-87CB-EE2388BF52C7.jpeg

FE8D64EE-2540-45BA-9017-1432FB9A59EE.jpeg

3C95D3F9-863D-45BD-BAD3-B5130261FC2D.jpeg

F1B5AE57-6B34-4416-A604-B86768C8DC4E.jpeg

• Like 5

Nice truck, love it!  

Just so you know, there’s a number of us here that are against 12v conversions.  IMO it’s totally unnecessary.  Keep your truck tuned up, rebuild the generator and put on the biggest battery cables you can.  My Meadowbrook starts right up whether it’s 95F or 0F.  And I’ve used all the accessories at once with no problem.  I have a 6v tractor battery in it. 

• Like 2

All of my early Chrysler products including a truck very much like yours are  6 volt.  All start and run just fine winter and summer.

No need to convert to 12v, my 48 & 42 run 6v. If tuned up properly you will have no problems. Both start easily hot or cold and even after several days of sitting. Keep it stock, it’s worked well for many years. Just remember everything is positive ground. 

What all the previous respondents have said is true, a properly maintained 6V system will work just fine and provide a reliable vehicle.  On the other side of the fence it depends on how you want to use your truck, if you have to rewire the truck because the old wires are broken, frayed and unsafe then you can consider converting to 12V negative ground the advantages there are you can use a modern alternator, after market electronics are much more easily integrated and headlights and bulbs can be found at any parts store.

Either path is a good solution, it depends on how you plan to use your truck.

• Like 1