Updates on my 1940 Windsor!

Ajgkirkwood

O/k.........I'll ask the question............where did you get it or what is that plenum from???........surely you didn't make it?...........it looks mightily impressive, tho' I'm thinking that it maybe a little too big...........lol.......but hey, it looks the part........................andyd 

1 hour ago, Andydodge said:

O/k.........I'll ask the question............where did you get it or what is that plenum from???........surely you didn't make it?...........it looks mightily impressive, tho' I'm thinking that it maybe a little too big...........lol.......but hey, it looks the part........................andyd 

Made it today on my breaks at work. Its 3”x2” about 20” long. 1/8” wall. Had square plates welded on the end and I ground it down and rounded he corners to match the tubing. Milled ‘fins’ on all sides and the holes line up with the carb mount on the header.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Shite............lol..............YOU get the prize big time...........lol..............I am impressed.............and am rather speechless actually.....wow!!.................lol................andyd

• Like 1

What started for my headers was a pair of gmc v6 headers made by hedman headers (something like that) I bought it for the collectors at the end. Ended up using most of those headers to make mine. A lot of cutting and welding haha. I ordered in 1.5” steel tubing to finish them up. Runner lengths are 32-34”long on each. 

nice job that you are doing yourself.  Looking at the last picture with the carbs on the plentum anhd sitting on the intake header manifold are you going to have enought room to have aircleaners ontop of the carbs and beable to close the hood or are you just going to leave the hood off the car.  Just asking. You will have a butterfly hood that opens from the middle and folds upward correct?

Rich Hartung 

Desoto1939@aol.com