Pictures from Macungie Show in PA

desoto1939

This past Sunday i attended the Macungie,PA  car show which that been running for approximately 50 years.  Sunday is car club day and the local chapter of the national Desoto club has there annual meeting and we also gather together to show off the Desoto brand. the Blue Coupe that is seen in the background on the last photo is a 1938 Desoto

I have posted several of the pictures that a local newspaper reporter  took of several of our Desotos.

This show is a 2 day event and hosts approximately 1100 cars on saturday and Sunday. A great day in the community park with entertainment and lots of crafts for the women and a great day for the family with children. The show is held every August and is also known as the Das Awskt Fest  or the August festival. This isa pre-registration car show so no day of show registration. If you are ever in the area around Allentown PA come to the show.  Next Years feature cars will be Chrysler's and the main tent will be showing Chrysler's, Desoto, Dodge and Plymouth and Dodge trucks should be a very interesting show next year. If anyone wants registration information I can send them the info

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

Frank Peiper and his desoto.jpg

39 desoto and Kingsbury on hod.jpg

39 Desoto hub cap and franks car.jpg

Rich Hartung 39 desoto and Kingsbury toy.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for the post, and if anyone has more pictures, let's see them, please!  Back in the early-mid 80's my wife and I made the trip from Boston to the Macungie show every year in our '57 New Yorker.  I've been meaning to return; it's a beautiful venue for a show, and on "club day" you could count on a couple hundred MoPars.  Is the old Mack Truck museum still in town?