Shocks for a Suburban

Ned Carz

Three questions about shocks for my 1952 Plymouth Suburban:

Does anyone know what aftermarket shocks one should use for this car.

Related question, does anyone know if Suburban shocks are same as on Sedan?

Finally, something i heard at the recent Plymouth meet in Michigan - a fellow 52 Suburban-owner said the the floaty nature of the car comes from the fact that the front shocks run from lower control arm to the upper, and that he made a bracket welded them in to the frame, and all is well.  Anyone heard of this?

Ned Foss, Albany NY..  

I actually did use a stock shock on my 47 P15 after adding a Ford pickup mount to the frame.  The other models

of shocks, numbers  given me by other members, were too long and bottomed out quickly.    Actually I would like to find a

different shock about one inch longer than my old one, but it has been working fine.    

The shock mounts I used look like this......

DSC03825.jpg

DSC03163.jpg

Edited by BobT-47P15

Fatman fabrication makes a weld on bracket and they use a GM truck shock from the late 70's early 80's. Great improvement . They also make a dropped upright/spindle if you want to lower the front end. Another nice improvement 

image.jpg