HELP.......where does this bit go ? Surprisingly nowhere

Hi, Gradually getting my truck built, I have come across these 2 strips, approx 53" long and handed lh and rh . Where do they go ? are they front wing supports ?? Any help most welcome, Dave

506.jpg

Edited by thrashfit

sorry Dave, I don't know much with the "C" series,  I would have guessed the bed area but again, I don't have a clue.

don't give up or let it hold you up. stick them on the wall as "art" until the right person stumbles across your thread or until you have that "ah- ha" moment

you can bet next time I see a "C" series I will be looking for them :)

good luck,

No pics in the C- series parts or shop manuals...

• Like 1

I've got a disassembled '54 C1,  That part does not ring a bell with me.  I don't know the history of your build but did it come in a pile of boxes?  

The reason I ask is that I bought a "kit" '37 Chevy coupe once and it came with extra parts that were not for the coupe.  

Thanks for all your replies.......I have had a laugh. You are probably right, they dont go on this truck. I have spent ages laying under my truck trying to find where the bolt holes would line up to. I bought this truck in pieces as seen in the picture. I have rebuilt the engine and slowly getting it back together building it in the average British garage, yep no room to swing a cat.....

1.JPG