Truck stuff for the Man Cave etc....

I'm liking the old school pencil sharpener!  ?

So many cool things going on in this thread!  I recently decided to redo my garage décor from beer signs/neon to automotive(I did save a few beer signs).  I've collected some things in the past but didn't have them all hung up.  Since this is my first Dodge endeavor, I'll be looking for some new signs/memorabilia.  I took this picture after finally getting me taillights to work(no lights worked when I got the truck).  

Edit:  website cut off the newly working taillights in the picture!  ?

IMG_6376.JPG

Edited by Al Peterson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Peterson said:

I like the Gopher Hockey and Castle Danger beer sticker( @ggdad1951took me a second to find the beer sticker, love the MN connection!) 

I live just a little north of Blaine.

A couple of years ago I started slowly converting my barn (which my kids used for 4H animals and I for my horses) into a garage/man-cave. Put in a concrete floor, replaced doors and windows and installed a roll-up door. Then I moved anything automotive-related in there. Been "decorating" it over the years with road signs, both old and reproduction. One of my prized possessions is this banner the local Dodge dealer gave me...

IMG_2550.JPG

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

I'd prize that hemi in the corner. 241?

Yup. I bought it when restoring the Pilothouse, intending to put it in. As I got closer to finishing the truck I felt I just couldn't do it. My truck was really in great shape before the restoration and since there weren't that many made nor many survived, I decided to save the hemi for another project...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jim Shepard said:

Yup. I bought it when restoring the Pilothouse, intending to put it in. As I got closer to finishing the truck I felt I just couldn't do it. My truck was really in great shape before the restoration and since there weren't that many made nor many survived, I decided to save the hemi for another project...

its my favorite early hemi. I had a 270 but love the leaping ram covers. I need a 241 and a home for it!

On 8/6/2018 at 10:15 PM, pflaming said:

I wonder what the molasses' soak would do to it?  I understand it removes rust, but I don't know what it does to paint. 

US 80 Arizona 1958 West.svgUS 80 Arizona 1958 East.svg
Directional colored US 80 shields found in Arizona during the 1950s. The brown signs stood for eastbound with blue standing for westbound.

Thank you for the suggestion. I could do that or even E tank it but I don't want to remove all the rust per se. I just want to leave enough to keep its character but still be able to make out the detail and all. I'm thinking about using a stiff nylon brush and give it a good scrubbing under the garden hose. Maybe it will remove enough to get it looking like I want then I can hang it up and enjoy it :) This sign originally looked like this. I can still see traces of the white and black on mine. Im going to go back to the wash where I found it when its not 100+ out and dig around to see if I can find any of the missing "cats eyes".

images.jpg

On 8/7/2018 at 9:54 AM, Al Peterson said:

I found this gas pump last winter from a pub that went out of business, the outside was finished but had no face and was gutted.  It was missing a handle and hose as well.  So there it sat...looking at me for help.  I came up with an idea to repurpose it as a jukebox.  I built a new computer for it from scratch and bought both a touch screen monitor and real jukebox software.  It took me about a month or so to build it in my spare time.  I absolutely love it, the garage is my man cave.  I have over a thousand songs on it and it can stream via wifi, so you can listen to just about anything.  

IMG_5855.jpg

That is sooo cool !!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, John Rogers said:

Thank you for the suggestion. I could do that or even E tank it but I don't want to remove all the rust per se. I just want to leave enough to keep its character but still be able to make out the detail and all. I'm thinking about using a stiff nylon brush and give it a good scrubbing under the garden hose. Maybe it will remove enough to get it looking like I want then I can hang it up and enjoy it :) This sign originally looked like this. I can still see traces of the white and black on mine. Im going to go back to the wash where I found it when its not 100+ out and dig around to see if I can find any of the missing "cats eyes".

images.jpg

good luck!  Just don't find a rattler instead!

On 8/10/2018 at 5:08 AM, ggdad1951 said:

good luck!  Just don't find a rattler instead!

I'll definitely be keeping a watch out for them. This Mojave and I found me a few weeks ago. I was on the boulder and heard a rattle. I looked down and saw it just looking up at me. We stood and looked at each other for a few minutes then he gave me another short rattle and went on his way. 10 minutes earlier I was standing in that exact spot. That tall grass hides lots of stuff. The interesting thing is that Mojaves are known to be real aggressive but this one was really cool.It never coiled up and got nasty, it stayed stretched out and non threatening like in the picture. It was just giving me a warning to give it space...As I went back to my truck a short while later I was real careful to take a route out in the open where I could see the ground thru the tall grass .

IMG_20170819_111649956-2.jpg

Edited by John Rogers

Ok so maybe I have a bit of an addiction compared to you guys...lol

the one with the couches is the actual man cave on the mezzanine in the shop, and yes...fridge and 50” tv LOL. If I had put in a bathroom I could live out there when I’m in trouble in the house!

435BD3F8-F0A1-44FD-875A-232BC947C1BD.jpeg

57DFF972-B8F5-4A89-ACB7-E33BC2FD424E.jpeg

66C6A9CD-8A5E-4A14-87EF-A953B9A58593.jpeg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 59bisquik said:

IMG_2533.JPG

IMG_2535.JPG

I really enjoy when people get creative and create art or repurpose, I have a couple project ideas but haven't had the time to make them yet.  Plus, I have to get the salvage yard to part with one piece.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2018 at 12:56 AM, Jim Shepard said:

Just started working on this...

IMG_2536.JPG

We have a 1953 seeburg just like that in our shop. It plays 45s great and the old tube amp in it gets way way loud if you turn the hidden knob on the back. Once in a while we put a 33rpm 7” platter in there by mistake- comes out like alvin & the chipmunks!