Truck stuff for the Man Cave etc....

Some new stuff for the Man Cave....what you got? lol

The computer image is the truck I picked up to complete Steph's COE.

48D

truck stuff3.jpg

truck stuff2.jpg

truck stuff1.jpg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Don Coatney said:

004_4.jpg

Don,

Is Flat 12 two six packs?

Walt 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jim Shepard said:

It does hold beer...

Have you confirmed this at your place?

If yes, where do you live again??  ?

DJ

I found this in a wash earlier this summer not far from my home on Hwy 80. I love stuff like this and the only time I ever see things like this is at antique shops and other peoples walls. I was so thrilled to see this sticking out of the bank of the wash I was walking in. I carefully flattened / unrolled out the lower edge but thats all. Now I need to figure out how the remove the excess scale / crud and lightly clean it so as to leave the patina. The sign is in great shape and the metal is very sound. It took a lot to carefully straighten out the rolled lower edge without causing too much damage, its very strong metal. Its only surface rust and its kind of hard to tell from the pictures but the detail on the lettering and such is very good.The four small square holes surrounding the 80 is what held the reflector to the back side of the sign . Once I figure out a good way to remove the excess build up without destroying the patina it should look really cool. Im going to hang it on the wall inside my shop.

IMG_20180507_111903303.jpg

IMG_20180510_145548558.jpg

Edited by John Rogers
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I wonder what the molasses' soak would do to it?  I understand it removes rust, but I don't know what it does to paint. 

US 80 Arizona 1958 West.svgUS 80 Arizona 1958 East.svg
Directional colored US 80 shields found in Arizona during the 1950s. The brown signs stood for eastbound with blue standing for westbound.
Edited by pflaming

I found this gas pump last winter from a pub that went out of business, the outside was finished but had no face and was gutted.  It was missing a handle and hose as well.  So there it sat...looking at me for help.  I came up with an idea to repurpose it as a jukebox.  I built a new computer for it from scratch and bought both a touch screen monitor and real jukebox software.  It took me about a month or so to build it in my spare time.  I absolutely love it, the garage is my man cave.  I have over a thousand songs on it and it can stream via wifi, so you can listen to just about anything.  

IMG_5855.jpg

• Like 6

Yes! I love that thing.

Can we put at least one or two Pink Floyd tunes in it?

48Dark side of the Moon....

• Like 1

@Jim Shepard I thought about doing one of those as well but updating it.  Then the more I thought about it the more I'd want to stay true to it's design.  I will probably being building one from scratch...if I have time.  I also thought of building an arcade game.  

@48Dodger I've got some Pink Floyd on mine but it's from The Wall Album(my personal fav)!  I am currently really into Dean Martin, Frank, Peggy Lee, Nat, Andrew Sisters, etc.  It's kind of surreal working on the '47 and listening to music that was all the rage back in the day.

10 minutes ago, Al Peterson said:

@48Dodger I've got some Pink Floyd on mine but it's from The Wall Album(my personal fav)!  I am currently really into Dean Martin, Frank, Peggy Lee, Nat, Andrew Sisters, etc.  It's kind of surreal working on the '47 and listening to music that was all the rage back in the day.

Makes sense to me. I'm typically a classic rock guy, but when I'm cruising around in the Ol' Dodge I like to tune into '50's music.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

Yes! I love that thing.

Can we put at least one or two Pink Floyd tunes in it?

48Dark side of the Moon....

Pink who? It'll play Elvis, Roy Orbison, The Shirelles, Gene Pitney, Paul Anka, Jimmie Clanton, The Ames Brothers, The Andrews Sisters, The Angels, April Stevens, The Association, The Lovin' Spoonful, TheBeach Boys, The Beau Brummels, The Drifters, Big Bopper, Bill Haley, Buddy Holly, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Bo Diddley, Bob Dylan, Bobby Rydell, Bobby Lee, Brenda Lee, Brook Benton, The Browns, Buck Owens, The Byrds, Carl Hopkins, Jr., Carl Perkins,  Jerry Lee Lewis, Clint Black, The Coasters, Connie Frances, Conway Twitty, Cowboy Copas, Creedance Clearwater, The Crests, The Moody Blues, Smokey Robinson, Muddy Waters, Nat "King" Cole, Neil Sedaka, Pat Boone, Patsey Cline, Patti Page, Pee Wee King, Peggy Lee, Perry Como, Peter, Paul & Mary, The Beatles, The Platters, The Pointer Sisters, Randy Travis, Ray Charles, Ray Price, Hank Williams (Jr. & Sr.), Reba, Richie Valens, Rick Nelson, The Righteous Brothers, The Rolling Stones, Roy Rogers... well, you get the idea.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

HAHAHA....."Great balls of fire!!"........bad Don, go stand in the corner.....

48Dip-dip-dip-do-do-de do...de-doop... 

• Thanks 1