SPEEDO

I believe it will work, I have a NP 435 on my truck which uses the same speedometer gear as the 727. The attachment point for the cable is the same on both transmissions and I am using the cable I got from DCM Classics that is supposed to be a replacement for the stock cable.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:25 PM, frankendodge said:

well guys heres another silly question. I put a 727 transmission in my truck with a 318.can anyone tell me if my speedometer will work with it. thanks in advance.

727 ? had any experience with the OD trans. ? Charles Stephenson

this is the first 727 I have owned.i had it rebuilt and put it in it made a noise so I called a friend and he told me to drive it like I stole it. sure enough after about 5 miles it stoped and ran quiet.had a hard time getting the kickdown rite.

47 minutes ago, frankendodge said:

this is the first 727 I have owned.i had it rebuilt and put it in it made a noise so I called a friend and he told me to drive it like I stole it. sure enough after about 5 miles it stoped and ran quiet.had a hard time getting the kickdown rite.

Did  you use a linkage or a cable for kick down? I went cable after my swap in my Monaco, couldn’t make linkage work with my valve covers and dual quad intake.