What about valves

Loffy770

So in my rebuild I will use new valves and I need some advices before I start.

I seen that some like VPW sells new made vales and guides for lead free fuel use.. Is lead free fuel a problem or can I use original NOS valves and seats?

If I get new made stuff, where do I buy quality valves and seats?

And what about springs, will old stock do it or should it be new made with higher spring strength?

original seats are hardened and as what you need for lead free fuel.....VPW is one source.....there are others..shop about......as for spring rate....at the low RPM these engine operate the spring rate as is stock is more than sufficient to close the valve at speed.....inserting higher rate spring with stock cam will more than not cause undue wear and tear on tappet faces and cam lobes... 

I would recommend Terrill Machine from Texas. He will sell you guides, valves, tappets and springs and ship them the next day. Very knowledgeable, no BS. Cheaper then VPW

Other options are : Egge Machine 

or.                            Kantor Machine

I find VPW to be the highest priced parts supplier over all.

Good luck!