Door Panel Reupholstering

Silverdome

I'm getting ready to try my hand at reupholstering the door panels on my '48 P15 Business Coupe.My door panels are missing the bottom inch or so. What I need is the measurement from the top to the bottom both at the front and rear of the door where the radii starts, please see the drawing. Thanks for any and all help.

48_PLY_DBC_PASS_DOOR_PANEL.bmp

1 hour ago, linus6948 said:

Don`t know if this helps but on my 48 D24 Coupe those door panel measurements are both 29 1/4 inches.

Thanks, I know there are some differences between P15 & D24 but I am unsure if that is one of them.

Anybody know for sure?

You need about a half inch to go up under the window garnish this gives you room to hide the staples.  At the bottom of the door, the leatherette is 6 inches up from bottom with a half inch add top and bottom.  Do you have the metal piece that retains and clamps the fabric to leatherette material together then mounts to the backer board?  I get 29 1/2 for the height of the backer board also.

41 minutes ago, greg g said:

You need about a half inch to go up under the window garnish this gives you room to hide the staples.  At the bottom of the door, the leatherette is 6 inches up from bottom with a half inch add top and bottom.  Do you have the metal piece that retains and clamps the fabric to leatherette material together then mounts to the backer board?  I get 29 1/2 for the height of the backer board also.

Thanks. I do have the metal piece for one side but am unsure of the other as my dad disassembled that back in the '80s, right before his health failed on him. I believe I have the material stashed away in a box for the drivers side so I might get lucky with the metal clamp. If not I might have to make something similar.

Edited by Silverdome