Vintage Dodge?

Al Peterson

I bought this many moons ago simply because I liked it.  I didn't even own a Dodge back then!  About what time frame is this bottle from?  What liquid would it hold?  It smells kinda like oil but I highly doubt it is, there isn't very much left in the bottle.  I need help in identifying what it was and from what time frame.  I'd like to know more about it.

IMG_6436.JPG

IMG_6437.JPG

Yep..

Cadaver embalming fluid... for the deceased.

• Like 1

I have seen pictures of a building made out of these bottles.  Like bricks.   don't know about the Dodge logo though..

I wonder if it would work as a fuel preservative ?   I once had a leather covered ... we called it a  Mickey bottle..... about 12 ounces,  with holes through which you could see the level. As the level descended it read :  one drink, two drinks, three drinks , half full, damned fool. drunk. Never seen another.

1 hour ago, Reg Evans said:

It's embalming fluid !

There are some listed on eBay and google.

Oh my, that’s hilarious!  ?

well i I have a niece in that line of work, I guess she’ll be getting it for her birthday!  Haha

thanks for helping identifying it!

The bottle is from the Dodge Chemical Company, Billerica, MA.   They offer a number of chemicals in that style of bottle.

www.dodgeco.com

The company was founded in 1893 by A. Johnson Dodge and is still in business, run by descendants of A. Johnson D.   They have a Canadian subsidiary in Mississauga, ON.

Edited by B-Watson
correction