Light switch Dodge Kingsway 51

Kingsway51

Hello. Having questions about my light switch. When I turn it one step the parking and taillight goes on, as it should.  When I turn one more step the headlights gooes on, as it should, BUT then the parkinglights in front disapers but taillight stay on!

I took out the switch from dashboard and test it, and the front parking actually disapers from the conectors when switc is in headlight position. Is that as it should be or is the switch faulty in some way? There are some letters on backside of the switch, P, T ,H and I. What doest they stand for? I guess P is for parking, T for tail and H for headlights, but what is I ?

"Input" - good answer.  I checked my wiring diagram for the headlight switch wiring. 

A wire from the ammeter goes to the circuit breaker at the headlight switch.  Maybe this is the "I" post.  The circuit breaker powers brake light and Interior lighting circuits and the headlight switch.  From the "A" post of that switch, a wire goes to the front "fender lights" or parking lights.  Another wire goes from the "H" post to the headlight switch on the floor. The wire from the "R" post goes to the taillights.   

If you want the front parking lights to be on with the headlights, move the wire from the "A" post to the "R" post.

10 minutes ago, B-Watson said:

I believe 1965 was the first year the parking lights stayed on with the headlights, although the Barracuda adopted it in 1964.  Amber parking lights were adopted for 1963.

Thanks for the replay and information. Seems to be different ruels in USA and Sweden!