Heat Shield

Norm Knowles

Hi all,

I have just recently gotten a 1948 Dodge D25C and when a friend came over to look at her ( he has an identical ) he noticed that the heat shield that mounts between the exhaust manifold and the fuel pump was missing.  I have exhausted all sources here for a replacement and need someone to let me know where I can get one.  Thanks for your help.

Assuming that it is shaped the same as the Plymouth heat shield, it isn't a complicated piece.  So if you can't find one, you could bend one up out of a piece of sheet metal (or even a tin can, unless you've got a show car).

Thanks for your help guys.  I will do a little checking further afield as I want to keep car as original as I possibly can but if necessary I will get one built from the dimension drawing Tod sent.  If driving without this shield what problems can one expect to have.

Some people have complained about vapor lock if the shield is missing. However, I have never had a shield on my engine and have never had vapor lock.  The fuel line from my fuel pump to carb does bow out somewhat around the outside of the exhaust manifold; perhaps that keeps it just cool enough to prevent vapor lock. 

• Like 1

Vintage Power Wagon has them for about $17.50

Make one Cheaper yourself, it is after all possible.

If you continue to pay some one else to do all your work

you most certainly be upside down (financially) with your car

as it relates to the actual value of your car. V.P.W. Phone is: (888) 695-0578 page #22 of their 2016 Catalog

Tom