wiper motor engine linkage set-up

Thomba48

Having taken out the wiper motor in the dark I  unfortunately did not really see how the wiper linkage is attached to the motor. Does anybody have a picture that can guide me? I do not see how the linkage is being hold down to the wiper motor itself?

Edited by Thomba48

Picture of arm with bushing felt washer underside and felt washer and thin steel washer and then the clip. If I remember correctly this is the same as used on the crank mechanisms to hold the arms on the glass slide?? Same size ?

On my 50Ply. wiper arms the bushings were bad so I replaced them with a rubber grommet, thin washers and a standard type E clip, I think others call the clip style as a cir-clip?

Hope this comes through and is a help.

DJ

CCF07292018_00000 (2).jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2018 at 8:03 PM, DJ194950 said:

Picture of arm with bushing felt washer underside and felt washer and thin steel washer and then the clip. If I remember correctly this is the same as used on the crank mechanisms to hold the arms on the glass slide?? Same size ?

On my 50Ply. wiper arms the bushings were bad so I replaced them with a rubber grommet, thin washers and a standard type E clip, I think others call the clip style as a cir-clip?

DJ

My set-up is completely different.

Rubber, inside in the shape of the nut.

But the rubber is too dry and breaking apart. So I desperately need the bushings. Where? I need one nut screw as it is missing. Where? I have not found this type of E-clip yet. thanks

The rubber parts are Not available anywhere as far I I know which is why I used rubber wire grommets. As long as they fit the arms and the square? or 6 sided Pivots(which it is I forget) but does not matter as the pivots at the arm end Are the point they  where they were meant to move Not at the rubbers.

AS far as the retainer clips, I did not have them either. The picture of the parts I showed you was of an electric Mopar wiper parts I was given Long after I had installed the wiper setup in my 50 PLy. 4 dr..

I used a thin washer on the inside and outside of the Rubber grommets with regular E-clips from the local hardware store.

8 years later still working and NO  ONE can ever see the changes without removing the wiper and arms!

DJ

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/29/2018 at 8:03 PM, DJ194950 said:

DJ

Hi. Many weeks later I still have one question. What is the part called that - I would describe it as a nut without a thread - that connects the wiper linkage arm on the wiper itself with the actual linkage. Really pardon my englisch, but then I would not know if I could describe it any better in German either ? thanks

the lip, far left, retains the link to the post....many call it a circlip and of a sort I am sure that apply, however in this case it is a locking circlip that ensures it stays in place through even some very rough handling situations.  This style clip, continued use on wiper motor shaft into the late 70's 

Those clips are still out there.  Here in the U.S. many auto parts stores have a "help" section with seemingly random small parts.  The manual doesn't have a diagram, but it calls those parts "spring locks", but I've seen them called retaining clips as well.  That would be in a blister pack with others of varying sizes.  Also, many hardware stores will have isles of varying fasteners, and fastener specific businesses (i.e. Fastenal) will have them as well.  I found some several years ago in a general hardware store (can't remember the name right now) in North Tonawanda, NY, but I had to search through two big isles.   

Hi. Thanks. The clips I have found in my possession already. What I am, however, still missing is ... Christ, sometimes finding the right words in English is sooo difficult ? ?

So what I believe that I am still missing is the "hex socket/ longish nut without a thread" that runs through the grommet and around the linkage on the actual wiper motor.

What is this hex socket called? thanks