Post 'em if you got 'em!

I thought it'd be fun to see what everyone else has or is working on...

I looked through the archives and saw the last picture post was back in 2006, so I thought it'd be cool to do another one.  I am new to the Chrysler/Dodge/Desoto/Plymouth family and frankly, don't know a lot about them.  I've always had Fords or Chevrolets as projects and even a 1964 Sears Allstate(Vespa).  I have always had a liking for old Dodge trucks(30-40's).  I just got a '47 Dodge WC that is pretty much all original.

IMG_5970.JPG

IMG_5971.JPG

• Like 1

No, that is a common 2" pipe that I have a chain hoist attached to. I use that to lull my engine and to load and unload heavy items. It hangs on a chain attached to two pipe rafters. Very handy

Hey @Al Peterson, I love your walls! Oh yeah, nice truck too ? I've got a '50 B2B l'm slowly fooling around with; named her Roxanne. Currently her wheels are naked on the floor while I try to figure out how I'm going to go about painting them.

20180527_145459.jpg

Edited by FlashBuddy
  • Like 1

Softly wet sand that with 400 then 600 grit and you will have a beautiful deep green truck.!   Do the passenger door and post the results!  

IMG_4703.PNG

Edited by pflaming

66C453B8-E2A0-4031-97DE-31A4FF170472.jpeg.98572054d80949c1f54e321d9960891b.jpegwell.  That was before this is now I’m not too big a fan of patina I’m going to change to a lighter blue color  this is now I had to fix the bottom of the door rot  

Edited by Jj1981
Wrong photo

19 hours ago, FlashBuddy said:

Hey @Al Peterson, I love your walls! Oh yeah, nice truck too ? I've got a '50 B2B l'm slowly fooling around with; named her Roxanne. Currently her wheels are naked on the floor while I try to figure out how I'm going to go about painting them.

20180527_145459.jpg

If I might offer my approach. I'm more of a do it yourselfer so powder coating was out of the question without buying more tools (hmmm, need more tools). I had about a quart left after painting my fenders and running boards. I had already de-rusted, replace the hub cap clips that were missing,  and epoxy primed my wheels. After light sanding, using automotive paint with a hardener,  I painted the back side first and coated the under side of the rim (that is hidden when the tire is mounted) with 4 coats of my color and let it dry 2 days.  I then laid out 2 - 10' 2X10 boards and covered them with wax paper and taped it to the board, I then place the rims back side down and painted the rims again with 4 coats, including the under side again. It was a week before I had the rubber mounted. I had a couple of rubs on the paint from mounting but I touched them up with an airbrush. Add the Beauty Rings adn hubcaps and walla!

I have heard of people making jigs for painting rims out of all thread and funnels, and I am sure one could do it faster that way, but I had plenty of time. You could mount the 1 foot piece all thread to a board, run a nut onto the all thread and place a large fender washer, and a funnel onto the all thread, holding it all in place with a nut. Four of these jigs would come in handy. Place the rim on the funnel, paint, flip when dry to touch, and paint the other side. Let it sit a day or more for the paint to fully cure before mounting.

20180720_170310.jpg