1935 Dodge KC truck

I have a 1935 Dodge KC truck I am working to restore, and I came across something that I can't figure out.

I have the build sheet from Dodge, so I know the frame and the cab are the factory original parts.

All the research I have done shows there are 2 style KC's in 1935. The early style used the 34 cab and had suicide doors. The later style had a new cab and had "normal" doors.

I just noticed that my cab is most defiantly a 34 style cab, the windshield is not curved around the bottom edge and it does not have an all metal roof on the cab.

But I do not have suicide doors. Even the placement of my door hinges are not the same as any other 35 KC I have seen online.

So my question is what do I have? Did someone mess with my doors? Did Dodge make a few 34 style cab trucks without suicide doors?

Any thoughts or suggestions for a direction to go would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_4489.JPG

IMG_4484.JPG

• Like 1

From my reading, it appears to be a second series '35. Was it made in Canada, Michigan, or Los Angeles, their new plant in '35.?  Yours looks like a short box - 62.75 inches. Is the ram hood ornament cast in two pieces as was done later in '35?

It looks nice from afar, but has lots of issues.

i already tore it down to the frame and powder coated the frame, got a new wire harness and starting to get it back together.

have to get an engine and rebuild it and my front fenders are almost beyond repair. But its coming along!!