1939 Plymouth vacuum advance pod

Dennis Detweiler

The advance diaphragm is shot on my 39. Where do I buy one? Autolite part# IGS-4103A-1. I think this is the correct part number? Distributor model IGS4203.

It's likely the reason I had to keep the choke partially engaged to make the engine run correctly.

Edited by Dennis Detweiler
more info

My Auto-Lite book doesn't show your number , only the numbers that I posted above . The Auto-Lite part number for the distributors that I posted is VC2082R for the vacuum advance . There is one on ebay 

eBay item number:
153112284420  is it corerect ? I don't know . Also your distributor number isn't listed under 1939 Plymouth so it must have been changed out . The distributor numbers that I posted are for 1942 Dodge , 1941 Dodge , 1946 - 1947 Dodge truck , 1942 Plymouth . Several of the guys have sent their vacuum advances out for rebuilding . If you do a search you can find out where they were sent . 

The engine serial numbers shows it to be the correct (original) engine for my 39. Someone must have installed a later model distributor into it. The VC2082R is for !942-48?

I hesitate to purchase an NOS vacuum pod. The diaphragm may be dried out and end up with the same problem unless the seller can guarantee that it works? The ebay NOS is the same cost as a rebuilt. Any input appreciated.

Try Robert's Motor Parts or Andy Bernbaum's they sell rebuilt ones or will rebuild yours for around $70.00 I believe.