The Maestro, George Asche Jr.!

49D-24BusCpe

Every year when I head down to Chrysler @ Carlisle, I make it a point to visit Fertigs PA, 'The Mopar Flathead Capitol of the World'. I found 86 year old George Jr. and his two sons, George III and Rob, all well and VERY busy on many vintage Chrysler L-head and electrical projects.

This year there was an additional bonus, of a well know visitor from Germany - blogger "Captain Fred" of 'Das Boot' '40 Plymouth fame! We had a lot of fun discussing our various 265 projects.

Pictured below are Fred Bertrand, George Asche Jr., and yours truly, Walt Redmond.       

IMG_3235.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ha, nice picture there, Walt!

that sure was a great day, i would have loved to have more time to chat with you, it was all a little too much to take in at once for me, i must admit.

we went to dinner that evening and then back to George's the next day and said goodbye and talked some more, but unfortunately we had a tough schedule to get on our way to the east.

i hope you had a good time at Carlisle!

best,

Fred

• Thanks 2