Best slide hammer?

Bobby198412

last axle I pulled I used an old flywheel as the weight to bump it out of the tube......most any of the axle pullers should be able to do the job.....I would buy an all in one kit that had the axle foot and various other attachments for seals, dents and misc. other application.  

this is just one inexpensive unit....     

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16Pc-Axle-Slide-Hammer-Dent-Panel-Puller-Set-Internal-External-Use-Tool-Kit-KJ/222557216861?epid=11003958114&hash=item33d171a05d%3Ag%3A2cUAAOSwm3paHpAW&_sacat=0&_nkw=slide+hammer+puller+set&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0|0

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bobby198412 said:

Can someone send me a link or show me a good one to buy to remove a rear axle from my plymouth! Thank you 

Buy a professional puller kit with all the accessories because they are very handy for pulling dents out,as well.

If it were me,I would buy any brand made in America. You can never go wrong buying stuff like this from your local NAPA store. The price is usually competitive,and nothing beats the convenience of dropping by a local store to have a broken part replaced for free,or to pick up a part you have lost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby198412 said:
38 minutes ago, keithb7 said:

Here is what @Dodgeb4ya suggested and it worked well for me. No harm done.

https://youtu.be/UOni7Udv7jU

Yeah I'm going to give this a try. Axle came out pretty easy. 

I give this quick hit and go procedure first option to pull an axle, usually it is easy and convenient....the one in the video I think you could have pulled with a toothpick and dental floss......I banged and banged with zero give on the last two I pulled using the drum, started to rain so I quit for a bit and returned to the scene of the crime with the flywheel which bumped them right out.  I have a slide puller but for the life of me cannot put my hand on the crow's foot.

• Thanks 1

@Bobby198412 I decided to record a few of the other axle procedures that I learned from members here along the way. This was my first time going into the axle as well.

Here is an outer grease seal video if you are interested:

https://youtu.be/E4FiF6h5mtQ

Edited by keithb7
  • Thanks 1

The original axle and bearing was certainly stubborn and required more effort to pull out. I guess the old bearing cone gets corroded and held in place. It was a lot harder to pull than the one I recorded in the video above. The video showed pulling the axle, with the new bearing installed. I was pulling it a few times to set up shims and measure end play. It indeed did come out really easy.