Exploring my Meadowbrook

51_Meadowbrook

Yeah it ran good.  No real problems.  Since it had no compression it got over 20mpg too.  Later it suffered from a bad set of points or condenser, or both.  But I had the engine rebuilt and a Pertronix kit put in.  No problems at all.

That’s what a mechanic in town said. I was describing it and he told a story about his rambler that was similar to what you said. But if you describe this situation everyone seems to jump to valve guides. I can’t say for certain it doesn’t smoke when I accelerate. I am generally looking forward at that time. I get about 17mpg at the current time. It gets a random skip too so I wouldn’t be surprised if it uncovers some more things the deeper I get on it. I’m waiting for my Cadillac to get back from the doctors for it’s transmission before I take the Meadowbrook apart. I hate the idea of not having a fun old car to drive around in. 

Edited by 51_Meadowbrook
  • Like 1