Front wheel alignment diy

Damcow88

Hey all, im just looking for some knowledge and perhaps instructions on how to correct camber on the front wheels on my car, 1941 dodge kingsway. My passenger side has quite a bit more camber than it should and id like to try correcting it myself before sending it into a shop. Any and all help is appreciated.

IMG_20180715_134458_574.jpg

do you have a caster/camber gauge?  you will need a very flat area for parking and if you do not  have turn tables, you will at minimum need to be able to mark the angles on your floor....if significantly out to the point you can as you state really see the misalignment...perhaps you can set it close by eye just to ensure you can get it to the alignment shop.  Do check your front suspension components prior to taking to shop and grease all fittings accordingly to eliminate play etc...else, more than not the shop will recommend a total suspension rebuild.   Know what condition all things, that way you  are prepared to discuss any repair/alignment issue.  If you planning or now running radials, you will want a bit more positive caster compared to stock values as it is set  up for bias ply tires.

• Thanks 1

I am constantly amazed that solid and complete cars this old and nice are still being found. Could you tell us about the circumstances that led you to find and buy this car,and where it was found? It obviously hasn't been sitting outside all this time.

@knuckleharley i posted an ad over the winter looking for a pre 50s project vehicle, specifically a sedan as ive always liked the style. A friend of a friend runs a wrecking yard in Love, Saskatchewan and i was delivering a vehicle up there anyways so i swung by and got this. He has well over a thousand vehicles in varying conditions, but the only rust holes on this are through the trunk floor and a dime sized surface rust hole in a door post. I completed an axle swap and headlight conversion on it but the rest is stock. $800 for the car when i got it.

Snapchat-123141544.jpg

2 minutes ago, Damcow88 said:

@knuckleharley i posted an ad over the winter looking for a pre 50s project vehicle, specifically a sedan as ive always liked the style. A friend of a friend runs a wrecking yard in Love, Saskatchewan and i was delivering a vehicle up there anyways so i swung by and got this. He has well over a thousand vehicles in varying conditions, but the only rust holes on this are through the trunk floor and a dime sized surface rust hole in a door post. I completed an axle swap and headlight conversion on it but the rest is stock. $800 for the car when i got it.

Snapchat-123141544.jpg

You really made a score on that one. That car is in amazing condition for one that has sat outside in a junkyard.

I had some pretty big issues with it but have made alot of progress. Previous owner had welded the rear rims to the hub assembly, so i had a bitch of a time removing the rear hubs. Its ultimately why i chose to do an axle swap. The plan is to rebuild the original driveline and put it all back in. Im more of a chevy guy, but was told to buy this dodge as most are rusted out and not in this condition. Its grown on me. I had alot of luck finding parts in portland in april and will be going again next year to search for harder to find parts such as the grille

2 hours ago, Damcow88 said:

I had some pretty big issues with it but have made alot of progress. Previous owner had welded the rear rims to the hub assembly, so i had a bitch of a time removing the rear hubs. Its ultimately why i chose to do an axle swap. The plan is to rebuild the original driveline and put it all back in. Im more of a chevy guy, but was told to buy this dodge as most are rusted out and not in this condition. Its grown on me. I had alot of luck finding parts in portland in april and will be going again next year to search for harder to find parts such as the grille

IIRC,there was a nice 41 Dodge grille on ebay yesterday for 200 bucks.