48 Windsor Hood to Radiator Seal

48Windsor

Has anyone replaced their hood to radiator seal? I haven't found any replacement from Steel Rubber, Andy B, or Roberts. I did a little cleaning up under the hood and the seal of course so crusty and brittle is was useless. Its a metal, two piece affair that attaches to the radiator. The seal is pinched into a few slots in the metal. Sorry, no camera for pics. Just wondering if some type of standard weather  seal would work.

Thanks for any info.

Tom B

If you are speaking of the rubber that fits between the sheet metal and hood, l downloaded a Plymouth pattern several years back.  It was in the download section on this site. They are mirror image so one pattern is all that's needed.  An old inner tube can be used or a rubberized canvas or such.

Did you find the template? I checked today it is there.  Might need to make it a bit longer for the Chrysler but the shape is similar.  Is yours stapled on??  Now that's a stapler  l would like to see in action.  You can unbend the staples and re use the if you are careful.

I finally found it under Downloads Categories. No Staples. The material is pinched in place in the slots in the metal. Still looking around the shop for some type material to use. . Thanks

Edited by 48Windsor
Found info

When I first got my 48 Windsor it had the original radiator but showed no signs of any rubber like what you have pictured above. I would like to see more photo with complete and correct placement of this. Not hat I am doing my car to original specs just ordering if there was any functional need for this to be replaced. The new radiator I now have did not come with this trim and I have not see any effect of not having it. 

Just courious...........

Dennis bickford,a guy in new Mexico that does wood bodies for T&C's has them. I just put one on my 48 Traveler.i can only up load one photo for some Reason

IMG_20180722_202147719.jpg

Well, I went ahead and engineered one, be it right or wrong. I really don't see much need for it. There isn't much space between the hood and radiator anyway. I used "door sweep" rubber. Its fairly pliable. We'll see how it holds up to the heat. I'll give it a shot since I'm not out much. Max, thanks for the tip on a source.

Tom B

Seal done.jpg