California health food

pflaming

Plan to make jam or preserves??

Save me some!

DJ

• 2 weeks later...

Cant buy a decent peach from a grocery store here.  I call them cardboard peaches since cardboard eating would taste better.  They are hard as a rock and never ripen no matter what you do.

Have to get Colorado peaches from a roadside stand. And they are really expensive but great tasting.  Never get past the stands at the right time.

Problem is the last few I have eaten  gave me undesirable side effects of not going further from the throne as I can see.  NOTHING else does that but fresh peaches.  I dont have that with peaches in a can.

Edited by Grdpa's 50 Dodge
info+

this years peach crop at my house was limited due to the frost....a few later blossoms developed and I have now picked the last of the Elberta peaches from my tree....big and juicy they are...but far and few between over previous years.  All but lost the nectarines...they bloom so bloody early in spring....first fruit of the year 

Some California growers have saved an Elberta tree for their personal peach. They ARE quite possibly the best tasting peach, but they have a very short cold storage life and a very tender skin, so they bruise very easily. When in production most were individually hand paper wrapped and packed. Darlene packed them into paper cups when she was a teenager. Kids could start packing at age 14.