NEW AIR CLEANER part 1

JOHN EDGE

i have posted pictures of my engine before and after returning from the power tour I noticed that the air filter on the rear carb had some melting of the rubber base from the heat off the exhaust manifold. Wanted to correct this and improve the system. Happen to have an intake system for a 69 corvette with 427 tri power.  Liked the look and after measuring I found it could

handle my dual carbs on my wagon and have room for a fresh air intake fitting. I had already removed the heater box and had run the blow thru motor to pump fresh air into the cab. So I cut  out the center section of the base plate for the vette air cleaner and made a new base  and added a 3 inch hose inlet and ran the blow thru fan to the air cleaner. A little more fitting and my little 218 will be running on cool fresh air

image.jpg

image.jpg