First project to tackle

Picking up a 1955 dodge 5 window, where would be a good place to start? Needs windshield and rubbers but drives and stops lol. Body is pretty sold all around was well cared for. Inside leather trim could use some tlc thought about removing soaking to loosen and reinstall. Or could it shrink?

Welcome! Post up some pics when ya can.

Make sure it's mechanically sound, then start the cosmetics.

https://clestersauto.com/page/mopar/

Scroll down about halfway for the C series stuff:

http://www.quietride.com/web/viewer.html?file=http://www.quietride.com/catalogpdfs/dodge_truck_catalog.pdf

first thing is to make a thorough assessment of the truck.  Clean it up and take a look at everything.  Next step is safety.  I'd recommend replacing all the brake lines, and hoses and at least a visual inspection of the drums, shoes, wheel cylinders and hardware.  Steel brake lines can rust from the inside and still look good on the outside, rubber parts decay over time and wheel cylinders  that have sat in one spot for a long time may have been now moved onto a rusty surface.  Steering and suspension is next followed by vehicle reliability including radiator hoses, heater hoses, fuel lines and wiring.

I was told break line was replaced and master cylinder rebuilt. I did get a test drive in let go of the wheel at one 30mph and it tracked straight down the road. Said it was a hay hauler on a farm, I did find a few small patches but over all really solid. Did find few small bare spots on wires I need to address. Wasn't sure if there is a wiring kit or if I take a wire and run new myself. Pics to co me when it gets home.

received_168519587355042.jpeg

The windshield says it's really a 1954 model.  Must have been sold new in '55.  Your truck also appears to have the back corner windows that I'm pretty sure were discontinued for 1955.

1 55 1.jpg

Edited by Reg Evans

Looks like I'll be doing alot of digging and research. I've got brackets in door hinge I assumed were for original mirrors but not sure. This is a long week like watching Xmas presents under the tree.

I did find a pic looks like there was a support bar on back of mirror that went to the hinges. What are feature differences between the 54 and 55? Is a cap heater standard or more of a deluxe feature.

Another difference between 54 and 55 is that the upper exposed door hinges on a 54 are hidden in 55. The 54 was the first year of the Functional Design era 1954-1956.

54 was the first year that a small V-8 241 could be found under the hood.

As an option a recirculating cab heater was an extra $40 and a fresh air heater was $60.