Edgy Heads

knuckleharley

Anybody that pre-paid for the new Edgy heads received their heads from the Montana Dodge Boys yet? Their web page used to say they would be shipping them out by the first week in July,and neither of the ones I bought have show up yet,and the email I sent them the first week in July still hasn't been answered.

4 hours ago, HotRodTractor said:

I might be mistaken, but I think the 25" heads were just cast and the 23" heads have yet to be cast.

Both were cast at the same time. All the 230 heads in the initial cast have already been sold,but according to their web page a couple of days ago,they still have 3 or 4 25 inch heads available.

They are now in the process of casting another lot of heads and hope to have the available by December.

19 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

Both were cast at the same time. All the 230 heads in the initial cast have already been sold,but according to their web page a couple of days ago,they still have 3 or 4 25 inch heads available.

They are now in the process of casting another lot of heads and hope to have the available by December. 

If i read this correctly - THIS is the first run being cast right now and they are just taking orders for a future casting: https://www.moparmontana.com/whats-new/casting-has-begun

2 hours ago, HotRodTractor said:

If i read this correctly - THIS is the first run being cast right now and they are just taking orders for a future casting: https://www.moparmontana.com/whats-new/casting-has-begun

No,this is the SECOND run being cast right now. The first run were numbered 1 though 25 and you had to pay in advance. This run won't be numbered and I have no idea what the payment arrangements are on this one.

I just clicked on your link and now understand why you think the current casting in process is the first one. I think this is just a case of mixed syntax.

The first run were supposed to be shipped by the 4th of July. If that link is still on their website,I can't find it.

I ordered and paid for mine 5 months ago.

I sent them an email to their website  a week or so ago to ask them why I haven't received the two heads I bought yet,and haven't heard back from them yet.

Edited by knuckleharley

1 minute ago, knuckleharley said:

That is my understanding,also.

I ordered and paid for mine 5 months ago.

So since this is the FIRST time they have been cast (post made 7-15-18) and machining won't happen until after Speedweek - then I wouldn't expect your heads until late August or September.

10 minutes ago, HotRodTractor said:

So since this is the FIRST time they have been cast (post made 7-15-18) and machining won't happen until after Speedweek - then I wouldn't expect your heads until late August or September.

This is the SECOND casting,not the first. They have already sold all 25 of the first casting 230 heads,and 20 of the first casting 25 inch heads.

Their current web page about this heads is more than a little confusing,so I can see why you would think what you wrote.

When they put the first casting up for sale they said the heads would be finished and shipped to the buyers by the July 4th weekend.

The first casting  of both the 23 inch and the 25 inch heads was supposed to be numbered from 1 to 25,and payment in advance was required. I was one of the people that bought one of each. I THINK there were 3 others who also bought one of each. There are NO remaining 23 inch heads from the first casting,and only 5 remaining 25 inch heads from the first casting.

Edited by knuckleharley

I'm fairly certain this is the first batch that is being cast. The pre-order for December delivery wouldn't be being cast now as they are doing pre-orders to make sure they have enough orders to justify the costs to get the casting run done. I understand they originally thought they would ship the first orders the first week in July and I believe they are behind on their original time table.

3 hours ago, HotRodTractor said:

I'm fairly certain this is the first batch that is being cast. The pre-order for December delivery wouldn't be being cast now as they are doing pre-orders to make sure they have enough orders to justify the costs to get the casting run done. I understand they originally thought they would ship the first orders the first week in July and I believe they are behind on their original time table.

It's ok with me if you think what you want to think. Have fun with it.

13 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

It's ok with me if you think what you want to think. Have fun with it.

I'm not trying to be confrontational. I just am trying to help - mostly because I couldn't find this update:

https://www.moparmontana.com/whats-new/edgy-cylinder-head-shipping-update

This says what I was saying, only its a bit more optimistic than my predicted end of August/September.

Have a nice day. 

16 minutes ago, HotRodTractor said:

I'm not trying to be confrontational. I just am trying to help - mostly because I couldn't find this update:

https://www.moparmontana.com/whats-new/edgy-cylinder-head-shipping-update

This says what I was saying, only its a bit more optimistic than my predicted end of August/September.

Have a nice day. 

Thanks. That is new since I emailed them.