Greetings

Guilty

Not sure if I posted before or not, so I decided to make a post to introduce myself and ask a couple of questions. I have a 49 Plymouth Special Deluxe currently putting it back together, getting it ready for a 318/727 setup. Currently getting ready to start the re-wiring the car and relocating the battery to the trunk, along with a champion radiator and disc brake rearend. 

First question I have is how do you remove the wire with the metal protective covering from the ignition switch?

Next question I have is about wheels would running a 17x8 with a 215/60r17 be close to the same as running a 15x7 with a 215/70r15 tire? 

When i did mine 40 odd yrs ago I just cut the metal outer cable I think........ tho' I must have disassembled it eventually anyway but can't recollect how now.............lol.............I rewired the car so I don't have the original wire anyway..............sorry can't be much more help............welcome aboard as well from Oz..................andyd

You are going to find space tight for rims wider the 6 or 6.5.  Issue with back space is critical at front with tie rod ends and at rear with tire to spring interference, and with fender clearance. Back space of 3.75 is pretty much max.

4lo.com

has calculators to see what diameter does to rpm and speed if you know your rear gear set.  Where it asks for transfer ratio use 1 to 1.

I know that this is on a different car, but on the 41 Plymouth I had I used 15x6 and 15x7 Wheel Vintique Chrome Smoothies and 195/75 x15 and 235/75x15 Coker Classic Radials and they fitted onto the stock brake drums and cleared both front & rear inner outer fenders and inner steering, suspension & body shell even tho the car was lowered with 1 coil cut on the front and 2" blocks on the rear, these wheels were a "standard" order, with the standard backspace which I understood to be "centred" on the rim........see pic.......the 40 Dodge has Oz disc brakes and an Oz Falcon diff with 6x14 and 10x15 mags and 2"widened rear fenders so its dimensions etc are even less of use to you........lol........andyd     

IMG_1355.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG